Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

It was so fun to be around family for Christmas this year! It was a miracle we were able to give Kaia such a great Christmas. There was more than one "Santa" that came to our house and old things that are new to someone else make great gifts for the pure in heart. I gave her (passed down) two storybooks that were mine when I was a little girl and Troy and I both had Beanie Babies that were just sitting in a box collecting dust. I felt almost bad that we had to resort to such measures but in the end, she loved those particular gifts just as much as if they were new. Those old storybooks were a real treasure which I'm sure she'll appreciate as she grows to understand that they were mine when I was little like her.

We attended our ward Christmas party even though we didn't know anyone yet. It was sort of weird but the Primary had an AWESOME activity for the kids. They decorated little graham cracker houses, dressed up and did the nativity, and got to sit on Santa's lap.

We had fun spending Christmas Eve with close friends and family. My sister-in-law Angie's family invited us to dinner and to a Christmas Eve devotional that her and all of her family members attend each year. It was a nice way to celebrate and remember the reason for the season.

Christmas morning was of course full of presents and breakfast at Trav and Allie's. We had tons of great food and it was nice for Troy to get to spend Christmas morning with two of his three brothers. Then it was off to the Whitmill's (Angie's parents) again for a wonderfully delicious Christmas dinner. I was so full by the end of the day I felt like I needed a wheelchair!

When all was said and done, we had a really wonderful Christmas. We made some new friends, spent quality time with family and close friends, and had reason to rejoice!

No comments: